Tech Giant Acquisitions
Amazon, Facebook, and Alphabet Acquisitions! Each tech giant moves with different strategies as they scoop up rivals, talent, and make big moves.
Apple looks for value and high signal steps
Google and Facebook scoop up many tiny companies for talent and also to prevent rivals
Google and Facebook have slowed their acquisitions in 2019 with looming threats
Facebook just added their name to Instagram to further cement the business units under a Facebook one company approach
Amazon continues apace to fuel their take over everything strategy:
- Canvas Technology for robotics
- Bebo social communicating for Twitch
- Eero to add to their product suite
- Sizmek ad tech for their growing advertising business
- Other cloud companies to support AWS (Cloud Endure, TSO Logic, E8 storage)
What’s curious to note is that the new government pressure from both sides of the aisle may have slowed down Alphabet and Facebook, but not Amazon.